Thursday 16 July 2020

Pen Mechanism





To make it draw I needed a platform held between the drive wheels.
This platform has to be held exactly central to the wheels and move with the wheels when raised and lowered.

Rather than use a servo, I wanted to control the lifting and lowering of the pen using just one wire. (on/off)



Testing that the pen is in the centre between the wheels.


After adding the pen mechanism to the robot (I want it to be able to draw on the floor). I found that I had no clearance for the robot to drive over low obstacles (floor rug).
So I needed to fit a mechanism to rise the pen platform.

I found another nice little geared motor with an M3 threaded bar, on eBay.
With this I made a lifter to rise the Pen and sensor platform.


I made circuit boards to control the pen lifter and platform lifter.
Both the Pen Lifter and the Platform Lifter work in the same way. (single wire, on/off)

Making a circuit board to control these two motors, means the program does not have to wait for the motors to compleate there task.












If you like what I have done, or want to know more.
Please leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment