Monday 13 July 2020

Rotory Platform


It's now time to build up the next section, I want to have the torso of the robot to be able to rotate.
There are also going to be some wires that have to go from the drive unit to the torso unit, to communicate between the several micro processors I intend to use.
This would mean that torso would only be able to rotate a limited amount clockwise and anticlockwise.
I want it to be able to rotate as much as it likes without wires getting twisted up.
I found a nice little slip ring on eBay.

With this, the torso section will be able to rotate as much as I want it to.

The slip ring module has bearings in it so it will act as my centre Bering in my rotary platform which the rest of the bot will be built off.


I also included a photointerupter sensor to the rotary platform, so that I will be able to set the torso facing forward.


The rotary platform is quite simple, it has a centre fixed bearing that keeps the platform from moving horizontally whilst letting it rotate. The pairs of bearings around the outer edge, hold the platform in it's vertical position.







If you like what I have done, or want to know more.
Please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment