Friday 17 July 2020

Right Arm



I want to make top section it look like a traditional robot, so the next step is to give it Arms.
I have started with the Right Arm.

I am going to make the first design basic using one motor to move it.
I found this motor on eBay:
 I think it was originally made for a lock mechanism, the output can only turn back and forth 90 degrees.
It was advertised as being 3v-5v, but when I wired it up, 5v was very slow, I ramped it up to 12v.

To control it I added an L298N_Module.


Although I am only using one motor, I have designed it with levers so the elbow and wrist move to keep the hand level.

The frame in this animation is taller than the one in the video.
I decided that the arm was too small to be of any use.
I have ordered some more of the small motors with gearboxes, when I do the left Arm, I am going to make it larger and try and make all the joint move separately.
Also I want to give it a hand that grabs.

I have made new Arms for it.
I now want to make a custom driver board to control them.
I have added a motor to move the forearm independent to the upper arm, also added a motor to the hand. The hand now opens an closes.
I also need to work out some feedback to get the positions of the joints. I don't what I am going to use to do this, so it's time to do some experimenting.





If you like what I have done, or want to know more.
Please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment